Tuesday, January 8, 2008

One journey's end...

Wow, I haven't posted in months. Months! Sorry about that. We are home now, after having a beautiful (and remarkably rain free) visit to Ireland and Scotland. My parents met us in Ireland and we had tons of fun drinking Guiness with them in Irish pubs. Well, everybody else had fun with the Guiness - more on that later.

On the way home, we stopped in Michigan to visit Aaron's grandma and family. I had never been met many members of Aaron's family, so it was pretty great to get to know everyone.

It always seems as though when one journey comes to an end, another one begins. That is certainly true for us. Just as we were finishing our world travels, we learned that a baby will join our family in May. Yup. A baby. In May. Pretty wild.

Fortunately, Aaron's job hunting from Norwegian campgrounds proved very successful and he was employeed with the WSDOT as an engineer before we even left Norway. I had two offers, both of which I turned down due timing and baby arrival! No better reason to say no to stress. If the right combination of consulting and at-home writing turns up, that would be great. If not, I can wait. :)

The house hunting is really the big thing. We would love to settle in Leavenworth... but boy is it expensive here. We have been in escrow once, only to have the house appraise below the sale price. The sellers made the decision not to lower the price and we started looking again. We both felt really good about our last offer, but the seller there decided not to lower her price. She is going to rent the house until May when the market will (in her opinion) improve. The hunt goes on.

Hope all of you had a great holiday!

2 comments:

mommy23 said...

Looking forward to meeting the new little one. Good luck house hunting! Congrats on Aaron's job too. What a big year for you guys! Hope to see you guys soon.

mommy23 said...

Hi Aaron and Annie! Congratulations on the birth of your beautiful little Ava Elizabeth. We can't wait to meet her. Enjoy every second of this time... I promise, it goes way too fast.
Take care! Hope to see you soon!
Jami and Family