Thursday, August 21, 2008

Photos and more...




I was such a good poster for such a little while. Here are some new photos of the little one and some other random ramblings.

Ava is over four months old now... and she smiles and laughs. She also is learning to make sounds. Lots of loud sounds. Loud sounds at three in the morning. She tried out the sound "mmm" for 45 minutes at full volume last night, er, this morning. The big news from our four month appointment is anemia. Yup, the princess is iron deficient. We are fairly certain it was caused by prematurity as babies tend to store iron their last month in the womb (that would be the same month she decided she didn't need). So, we have started iron drops and she will get retested in a month.

An unintended consequence of the iron drops has been stained clothes. Hers and mine. She spits it up (evidently it tastes terrible) and it causes what is essentially a rust spot. Cream of Tartar to the rescue. I had tried everything to get these spots out. The magic bullet? A paste of C of T on the spot, held over a mix of boiling water and more C of T, and then dipped in the same water. Magic.

As most of you know, I love to bake. A friend of mine has started a new blog about all things domestic... and I am going to blog about bread for them! I will post the link here when it gets going.

No comments: