We have finally finished with work. Not too much longer before "The Trip" begins. Five months is a long time to be gone. I try not to worry about too much, but that is a little difficult. I tend to worry.
Our shopping list is getting shorter. I still need one pair of good hiking pants. As if finding a pair of pants isn't hard enough to begin with... finding a pair of hiking pants takes the struggle to a whole new level. Now, not only does this mythical pair of pants need to fit, but they need to be packable, lightweight, durable, and darkly colored. Oh, and cheap. Yeah, right. The search continues.
We have plans to stay with an old friend of Aaron's in London. It will be nice to have a place to go right away. I can only imagine that we will be a bit tired after such a long plane trip. Staying with Johnny will be both fun and relaxing. Where we go from London has yet to be determined. The general plan is to head south after that and try to beat the heat.
As overwhelming as all of the little details are, I am starting to look forward to "The Trip" a bit more. Aaron can't wait to get going. I imagine that leaving a stable environment is going to be more challenging for me. But, once we hit the road, it should be a real adventure. We are starting to get travel recommendations from friends... so if anyone has a suggestion...
Monday, April 16, 2007
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
3 comments:
Woot! Sounds like the adventure of a lifetime! Have a wonderful time and try to visit Turkey at least once!
-Scott & Stacie
Love the photos & stories so far! Keep em coming. :)
Scott & Stacie
Post a Comment